Sunday, July 26, 2009

Let's get started!

Hello All!

I'm new to this so forgive me if I am not eloquent or fluid in my posts. Writing is not one of my strong points. Let's begin by introducing myself a bit and what I want to blog about; my children and motherhood.

I am the proud mother of two beautiful children. Ruth is 3 years old and Edward is 21 months. I am 26 and married to a wonderful man who is our sole supporter. Currently, I am in college, working on my BS and occasionally I work on weekends for a nursing agency as a CNA. My goal is to finish my degree in Applied Mathematics and begin my career with NASA or the NSA. My husband has a civilian job and is also in the National Guard; he has the one weekend a month, two weeks a year deal. Right now I am on summer break but when I am in school my children go to an in home daycare provider; in the daycare provider's home. They love her and I think she is great.

Ruth is as smart as any 3 year old but I feel sometimes she lacks the confidence to accomplish some of her milestones when expected. She is the first born and I have been told many times that sometimes they are slower than others to develop. I have been working on potty training Ruth this summer and she is finally understanding it and capable majority of the time. She has about one accident a day so now we are working on going #2 in the potty. She did wake up last night in a fit but then was put on the potty and she went. So I feel that night time potty training will begin as well. Yesterday Ruth told me she had to potty while we were driving on the highway. My husband drove another 6 miles to the rest stop and Ruth was able to hold it until we got there and went in the potty. I found that very exciting and a sign of progress. She is very active and loves music and cars and has many Hot Wheel cars in her toy arsenal. Ruth is not a very affectionate child. Asking for a hug or a kiss is trying. She just doesn't usually want to give them, not even to me or her daddy. So when she gives them of her own free will they are a treasure. I don't worry too much about this since my younger sister was the same way as a child.

Edward is a fast developer as most younger siblings are. He discovered jumping a few weeks ago and loves it. He also likes to take off his diaper of late and be in his 'natural' state. I try my best to keep clothes on him to deter him taking off his diaper. Edward has started to babble a lot more so I know he will start talking soon. Right now he only says hi and bye. He starteded making a kiss sound, 'muah', or something close to that. That means he wants a kiss, be it a mouth kiss or you kiss his hand or vice versa. Edward won't go to sleep at night untill about 10 pm and sometimes later. My husband and I limit his nap to an hour and we give him some melatonin between 8:30 and 9 o'clock. Sometimes that doesnt even work and won't go to sleep until after 10. He doesn't sleep late in the mornings. I think Edward takes after his daddy in this instance.

Overall, both my children are well behaved most of the time. Ruth says 'please', 'thank you', and 'welcome' almost all the time and when cued. They try my patience and tire me out but they are the greatest joy in my life. I love my children.


No comments:

Post a Comment