Sunday, August 23, 2009

What's new

Let's start with Ruth. I would venture to say she is potty trained. She poops and pees in the potty and always tells someone when she has to go. Ruth did have one accident but that was because I couldn't get her to the toilet fast enough. I know it's bound to happen. All that is left is night time potty use. I have read that night time potty training takes a long time, sometimes years. I know I should limit her liquid intake at night after dinner but that seems to be when she is most thirsty... We will get around to it. For now I am just super happy that Ruth is only wearing a diaper to bed and I am already saving money. Ruth is pretty much big enough that she doesn't need a nap but occasionally she ops for one. She does fine either way.

Edward is babbling constantly. He tries to say 'thank you', 'Spongebob Squarepants', and 'i love you', and I'm pretty sure he tries to say 'all done' when he is finished with his meal. It's so exciting to hear him say words. I hope when he is at daycare with the older kids his speech picks up even more. On another note, Edward has discovered that he can push the plastic slide across the room and under the window and look out. Also, my husband an I have seem to 'fixed' his late nights. We give him some melatonin between 8 pm and 830 pm and he hasnt been up past 10 pm! I would put him to bed no later than 10 and stand by the door and put him back to bed if he got up. Now if he has a tantrum because I put him in bed he still stays in bed. Those tantrums are getting fewer and farther between. For the last month I'd say, Edward has been going to bed and falling asleep between 9 pm and 930 pm. This is so great since I start school tomorrow and I will be needing some down time to read and do homework.

I can hardly believe how much my children have grown and changed over the summer. It has been nice to spend so much time with them but I have to admit I am thrilled to be going back to school. I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom. Maybe next summer they will be big enough to spend a week at the grandparents house or do a couple of weekends so my husband and I can have us time. With Edward being more cooperative at bed time I am feeling more confident and less worried about leaving him with others. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment